Monday, January 2, 2012

Ganguro Makeup Look

Hello gorgeous ladies!

Have you ever heard of the word Ganguro? When I first learned about it, I think of the Japanese word, Gyaru.  (Gyaru meaning: Japanese girly-glam style.)
Gyaru Look.
Photo googled. Credit to the owner.
Ganguro is actually an unconventional fashion hype in Japan wherein girls sport blonde or orange hair, dark skin, exaggerated makeup, and stickers on the face. It started when Japanese girls decided to contradict the common image of Japan beauty which is fair skin, dark hair, and neutral makeup. It became extremely popular in the 1990's but later died down in 2000.



Ganguro Look.
Photo googled. Credit to the owner.
Another Ganguro Look.
Photo googled. Credit to the owner.
I decided to have my own take of the unorthodox Japanese trend. It's a little toned down compared to the ganguro girls above. And I didn't have a blonde wig so I just put on a hair accessory.
(Nope! I'm not naked. I'm wearing a tube top.)
Products used:
Face
Red Earth Prime Perfection Mattifying Makeup Base
Maybelline Mineral Power Liquid Foundation in Tan (Dark 1)
DollFace 20-piece Concealer Palette
Nichido Final Powder in So Natural
Stickers in flower, star, and swirl

Eyes
E.L.F. Eye Primer
DollFace 20-piece Concealer Palette
DollFace 88 Color Palette
Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Black 01
L'Oreal Double Extension Waterproof Mascara in Black
Maybelline Hyper Curl Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara in Very Black
Generic False Lashes
Sansan Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown 03

Lips
Jordana Lip Liner in Natural
DollFace 20-piece Concealer Palette
Maybelline Fruity Jelly Lipgloss (clear)

I found the Ganguro makeup look to be fun and unique. But I don't see myself wearing it again. Prolly because it doesn't fit me. I find it cute in some jap girls though. :)

Thanks for reading! I'll see you in my next post.

Ongoing Jumpstart Giveaway: Click here for deets!

1 comment:

  1. It's really cool! You are very pretty so continue making our world pretty! By: Komachi-chan, another ganguro. ^^ Kisses from Tokio!

    ReplyDelete