Monday, February 13, 2012

Sultry Valentine Date Night Look (A Collab Post w/ BeautyinBattle)

Hello gorgeous ladies!

It's finally Valentine's Day tomorrow! What are your plans? For sure, you're going out with your boyfriend for dinner. Or maybe party all night with your girlfriends in a club! Whatever your plan is for tomorrow, I'm sure you want to look your sexy best.



So I have come up with a look that's great for a dinner date or on a girls' night out. It's a sultry smokey makeup that's gonna leave your guy (or any guy in a club for that matter) drool! It's not the usual black or silver or purple smokes. Since it's gonna be heart's day, I fused a flirtatiously beautiful burgundy shade into the look.

Products Used
Face
Smashbox Anti-Shine Oil Absorber
DollFace 20pc Concealer Palette
Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation in Beige 300
Sephora Mattifying Foundation in Tan 35
Chic Avenue Blush in Grenade 03

Eyes
E.L.F. Eye Primer
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Dark Brown
L'Oreal Paris Wear Infinite Eye Shadow Quad in Subtle Berries 504
Dollface 88 Color Palette
Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Black 01
Sephora Waterproof Khol Eyeliner  in Keep Black 01
Diorshow Extase Mascara in  Noir Extase 090
Generic False Lashes (cut in half)

Lips
Etude House Dear Darling Tint in 02
Jordana Lip Liner in Natural
NYX Round Lipstick in Tea Rose

How I Did It?
I applied a oil-absorbing primer on face to keep oilies at bay.
I put on a mattifying foundation and then covered blemishes with concealer and afterwards set with powder.
As for the eye makeup, I first primed the whole eye area including the lower lids.
I put on makeup bases in white and dark brown to hold the powder shadows and make them more vibrant.
Then I patted on a shimmery burgundy shade on the lids, placed a matte black eyeshadow on the outer V and extended to the crease area.
I blended the black shadow and used a matte dark brown shade as a transition color. I placed the same burgundy color on my lower lids not reaching the inner corners.
I dabbed some frosty rose-colored eyeshadow on the inner corners of the eyes and on the brow bone.
I lined my eyes with a black gel liner and created wings at the end. I used the leftover product on my eyeliner brush and applied on the outer two thirds of the lower lashline. I also lined my waterline with a black pencil liner.
I curled up my lashes, put on some volumizing black mascara on both upper and lower lashes and placed some upper half faux lashes.
I contoured my cheeks, jawline and nose bridge for that chiseled face effect. I then put on some berry-colored blush on my cheeks, highlight on the highest point of my cheeks, the nose bridge, and my cupid's bow.
As for the lips, I first applied a red lip stain, then lined my lips with natural-colored lip liner, then placed a mauvey-pink lipstick. The combination gives a my-lips-but-better effect.

Jackie of BeautyinBattle made a sweet Valentine makeup version which you can use on a daytime picnic or brunch coffee date. You will really learn a lot from her detailed tutorial. And she's pretty too!
Click here to learn Jackie's sweet Valentine makeup version!
Thank you for reading! I hope you will have a blast on Valentine's! I'll see you in my next post!



No comments:

Post a Comment